Services - Sport & Athletes
Sport and exercise performance is ultimately determined by many interactions including skill, fitness, nutrition, resistance to fatigue, ability to recover, mental toughness and amongst other things, health and wellbeing. Training and competition impose severe physical, physiological and psychological demands - therefore physical preparation requirements must be carefully and strategically planned and monitored.
We provide guidelines of evidence based best practice in physical and physiological preparation and injury/illness management. Our aim is to help you realise your competitive potential and to prolong your sporting career.
- Physiological assessments - including VO2max, anaerobic threshold, heart rate responses, power output, resting and exercise metabolic rate, blood lactate analysis.
- Body composition
- Thermoregulatory demands – core and skin temperature responses to changes in exercise intensity and duration, and environmental conditions.
- Hydration analysis
- Blood biochemistry – used to monitor training or nutritional adaptations; or assist with identifying incomplete or altered recovery status or overtraining syndrome
- Comprehensive training programs
- Nutrition for performance
- Integration of performance enhancing methods
- Competition performance monitoring
- Training camps
- Talent identification programs
- Allied health professional network management
- Training facility design
- Scientific software and hardware engineering
- Educational seminars
* Many private health insurance companies provide rebates for exercise physiology services. For eligibility, please enquire with your health insurer.